Sunday, November 20, 2011

First Ski Day of the Season

The ski resort opened yesterday, but instead of going up to the resort my friends and I threw our skis on top of the Suburban and drove up to the top of Guardsman's Pass. There was a fresh blanket of powder covering all the sharp rocks. luckily I was skiing on my old Rossignol's because after descending the first big drop I hit rock bottom. My skis were stopped, but my body was thrown end over end into a front flip. Unfortunately the snow was not deep enough; after the front flip I found my back arched over a rock. After five minutes of getting myself back together I hobbled down to the car. When I arrived at home I loaded up on ibuprofen and laid on the couch for the rest of the day. The results are a very sore swollen lower back, and a hard time limping around. But I'm alright.


This was taken at the top where we were dropping in. (before the accident)


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Mckay.. you are crazy...is mom taking good care of you!?