Monday, August 22, 2011

Drive of a Lifetime




Ultimate Tailgating BBQ truck.
Photographed for the Las Vegas truck show.


Today was amazing! I had the opportunity of a lifetime. Basically I drove the COOLEST truck in the world! So here is how it all went down. I was with a family in my stake driving home from dinner and the daughter kept begging here dad to do a Chinese fire drill ( where at a stop light everyone gets out and changes seats) so she could drive...because she had never driven his truck before. Anyways we were all joking about how we wouldn't be able to because it takes so long for nine people to climb in and out of the truck. (look how tall it is... And how many people fit in it... It's like a limo) Anyways, the dad unexpectedly pulls over under an underpass and yells Chinese fire drill! We all hop out and start running around the car. When I got around the back and to the front the daughter hadn't got to the drivers seat yet so I jokingly climbed in :) When the dad got in he looked over at me and said " Oh hey McKay.... Well let's go! Put it in drive and hit the gas." Right at that moment I knew he wasn't kidding. I was so nervous... I mean I was driving a truck that is as long as a limo and has a three foot lift. You felt like you were taking up two lanes. That's the story. The details on the truck.... Well it was built for a Las Vegas truck show. It was the ultimate tailgating BBQ truck. After the show they list the trucks on eBay and he saw it and bid... Next thing he knew it was his! Perfect for their seven children. Thanks Brother Prior!


0 comments: